No outfit today – except for work, I haven’t been going anywhere this week, so no even decent-ish outfits. Hopefully that will change soon. I’m posting today because Rebekah from Finding My Inspiration nominated me for the Liebster Award.
Here are the rules for the Liebster Award
1. Post 11 things about yourself
2. Answer the 11 questions created by the person who nominated you
3. Create 11 questions of your own to ask the bloggers you decide to nominate
4. Choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate and link them on your blog post
5. Bloggers must be notified of their award!
6. No tag backs!
11 things about me. These will probably be very random and quirky.
1. I’m 100% obsessed with music. I play piano for my church, I’m addicted to (pretending to) strum on my guitar, and singing is my biggest passion. And when I’m not doing any of those things, I’m listening to music.
2. I live in the country (as you can tell by my blog title) but I absolutely love cities.
3. I desperately, desperately want to travel the world. Europe especially.
4. Summer is my favorite thing. I love it.
5. I just started working at a Hallmark.
6. My favorite movies are period dramas and action flicks. Yup.
7. I’m a complete night owl. Late at night is when I feel inspired and bright. But I also love sleep – I would sleep till 10 every morning if I could.
8. My favorite colors are Mustard and Grey.
9. I’ve written two novels, a few short stories, and a lot of poetry.
10. I love Myers-Briggs, and I’m an extremely introverted ISTJ (look it up if you haven’t heard of it!).
11. I hosted a Christmas ball last year.
Okay, now to answer the questions Rebekah asked.
1. Do you wear lipstick/balm stain/lip color? What’s your favorite brand? I usually wear colored lip gloss, and my favorite brand is probably Revlon.
2. Do you like giraffes? I’m afraid I have no opinion on the matter. If pressed, I’d probably say no, because I have zero interest in them.
3. Where do you buy most of your clothes? Thrift stores and an outlet mall near me. 75% of my clothes are probably either Old Navy or Banana Republic – I love them both!
4. Do you have any siblings? If so, how many? Three brothers, one sister, and they’re all older than me.
5. Have you ever been out of the country? If so, where? or Where would you go? I haven’t. 😦 But if I could, which I desperately want to, I would go to England, France, Italy, etc.
6. Beach or mountains? I always thought I was a mountain person, but no – I love beaches with all of my heart and soul.
7. City, country, or suburbs? City. Absolutely.
8. What’s an awesomely stupid thing you’ve done that you feel comfortable enough sharing? (oh yes…I can’t wait to read this one!) Oh no. This is going to be hard. I don’t do awesomely stupid things much at all. The only thing I can think of is that I’ve made it into a tradition that every year, during the annual parade near me, I run out and hug the person in a cow costume. Which is quite impressive, for me.
9. How many states/countries have you lived in? I was born in Illinois, and I’ve lived in Wisconsin for the past 13 years of my life.
10. Snow or sun? I already mentioned this. But sun. I hate snow and winter.
11. If money weren’t an issue, what’s the first thing that would be on your wishlist? I already said this too. Travel to Europe.
Here are my questions.
1. What are your wardrobe essentials?
2. What was the blog that you started following first, and what was the blog that inspired you to start blogging?
3. What is your favorite season and why?
4. Best present you’ve ever gotten?
5. What is the food or drink that you are the closest to being addicted to?
6. What is your favorite movie?
7. What is the weirdest thing that has ever happened to you?
8. Theater, music, reading, or writing?
9. What is the scariest thing you’ve ever done?
10. What is the one word you would use to describe yourself?
11. Favorite vacation of all time?
Here are the bloggers I’m nominating.
1. Tiffany from Style Sidebar
2. Alissa from The Adored Life
3. Kristina from Kristina in Retroworter
4. Jess from Quest for a functional wardrobe
5. Dana from Being Dana
6. Mamalina from Dress Side Story
7. Adrielle from Daily Fashion Dream
8. Amy from Classy in the Classroom
9. Emily from Creamy Style
10. Jenn from Haute off the Rack
11. Inge from This Ever Evolving Life